Raise Your Vibe
7 ways to raise your “vibe”. What is vibe you ask? Simply put vibe is your vibration.. What you emit to your surrounding environment. We’ve got a list of 7 essentials to raise your vibration and embrace a “high vibe” lifestyle.
* best viewed on laptop
We are made up of this stuff. I personally don’t wanna be filled with heavy metals, chemicals, and toxic by products. Therefore, why not choose to drink pure water. It’s more abundant than we are lead to believe and quickly disappearing to the highest bidder. An easy way to raise your vibe for sure.
1.) Spring water - the best in our opinion. Water as nature intended. Spring water is amazing! It is naturally alkaline. Full of minerals from the earth. However, buying 5 gallon Mountain Valley Spring water refills can get pricey. Trust us we get it. Check out findaspring.com for an amazing source of springs all over the country. We literally found one down the street from our house.
2.) Alkaline water source - installing filters at your home on taps and shower heads is a wonderful investment. These filters though a little pricey on the front end keep flouride and nasty contaminants out of your body and off your skin. Once you have filtered water you can then filter again with an alkaline filter. This raises the pH of your now clean drinking water. Drinking water with a higher pH is a wonderful way to keep your body in prime condition. There are amazing health benefits that come with the consumption of alkaline water.
3.) Reverse Osmosis (RO) water - If the above 2 don’t fit in your time or cost budget RO water is a great plan. It’s cheap and easy to find re-fill stations. The reverse osmosis process gets all the bad stuff out and leaves a good tasting water source for you to enjoy.
What you eat has an enormous impact on your “vibe”. There have been tons of studies showing the impact of our diet on the state of our health. Food can make you feel energetic and light or it can literally drain you to the point of feeling lethargic. Each meal we get the chance to vote for the reality we want to see in the world. Everyone has an opinion on what they think we should or shouldn’t eat. You couldn’t pay me enough to go there. Eat what makes you feel vibrant, beautiful, and energized. That in turn will probably result in a vibrant and beautiful planet. I try and follow the Michael Polan ethos: eat food (real food), mostly plants (organic/biodynamic when possible), and not too much (take only what I need)
How you adorn yourself with clothing helps to raise your vibe. Buying clothing made from natural fibers instead of synthetics will help keep you grounded and naturally odor free. Cotton, linen, silk, hemp, and wool are some amazing fibers to chose from. Where and by who your products are made is an important thing to consider when making potential purchases. Having items made by passionate makers is always a way to ensure that our consumer decisions are fueling someone else’s creative fire. This alone raises the “vibe” of all parties involved. This way you know the responsibility of the items total life cycle. Buying from someone who loves what they do will allow you to discuss what you are buying in detail. Slow fashion is a beautiful way to raise your “vibe”
Skin is the largest organ in the body and is a good indicator of vitality! With thousands of beauty/skincare goods out there, it can be hard not to go overboard. Plus everyone has their own magic products they trust. A good rule of thumb is to find products that are organic with ingredients that you can pronounce! Listed below are some of our beauty secrets.
- Skincare ritual - After I have cleaned my face, I like to get a good oil and massage it in with a Gua Sha wand. Not only does it help drain the the lympathic system, it reduces the appear of fine lines, and reduces inflammation aka your new BFF.
- Dry Brush - This practice has been around for thousands of years. Not only does it promote cellular renewal, boost immunity, it also reduces cellulite. Holy Moly! Bonus level: after dry brushing massage coconut , almond , etc... into the skin and let yourself bliss out!
- Balanced Diet - consisting of mostly alkaline fruits + veggies + good fats
- Oils - we like coconut, almond, sesame, and jojoba
- Water - tons of it. double what you think you are drinking. and occasionally add lemon to flush out toxins.
- Exercise - getting out and moving/ sweating for an hour a day will cause you to radiate good vibes!
- Safe Sun Bathing - lately i feel the sun has been getting a bad rap! Use an all natural/ organic sunscreen (make sure it's non-toxic to our water friends!) and get out there and soak up some vitamin D!
I mean the Three Wise Men gifted Jesus frankincense! If that doesn't tell you something, then I don't know what to say. We have been using essential oils for thousands of years. Essential oils are known to :
- Fight cold and flu symptoms (Four Thieves Oil )
- Relax your body and soothe sore muscles (Peppermint / Cinnamon)
- Heal skin conditions (Tea Tree 1 / Zits 0)
- Balance Hormones (Lavender , Geranium , Lemon)
- Improve Digestion (Ginger, Clove, Oil of Oregano)
- Reduce cellulite/wrinkles (Grapefruit, Cinnamon, Juniper)
- Plus countless other benefits
Essential Oils can be very potent, so find the highest grade ones for the best results!
Make your life a ritual. This is a wonderful way to replace not so good habits with habits that will slow you down and help you enjoy the present moment. Some of our favorites are:
- Coffee/ Tea - Starting your day with a warm cup can set you up for success. Allow yourself to slow down and enjoy!
- Incense Burning - Perfect for cleansing the space and calming the mind.
- Epsom Salt Bath- Candles and other essential oils + crystals. Calm music and a glass of wine. Allow yourself to indulge.
- Hair Care - Combing and releasing the energy of day. Overnight hairmasks are healing too. Braiding/Weaving your hair with your sisters to create bonds.